userway ADA
The county attorney is appointed by the board of commissioners to provide legal services to all elected county officials, departments, boards and commissions. The Attorney's Office represents the board in all civil and transactional legal matters including the negotiation and preparation of contracts, land use, property tax, election issues, employment issues, and the prosecution and defense of lawsuits by and against the county.

In addition to providing service to elected officials and county departments, the County Attorney's Office assists various boards including, but not limited to, the following: Eagle County Regional Transportation Authority; Emergency Telephone Service Authority (911); Eagle County and Roaring Fork Planning Commissions; Zoning Board of Adjustment; Open Space Advisory Committee; Riverview Apartments; Golden Eagle Elderly Housing; Liquor Licensing Authority and the County Board of Equalization.
Courts and District Attorney
Courts and District Attorney
Eagle County Government is not affiliated with Eagle Combined Courts or the District Attorney's Office. Please contact them directly.

District Attorney's Office
955 Chambers Avenue
P.O. Box 295
Eagle, CO 81631

Phone: 970-328-6947

Fax: 970-328-1016

Eagle Combined Courts
885 Chambers Avenue
P.O. Box 597
Eagle, CO 81631

Phone: 970-328-6373

Fax: 970-328-6328

Eagle County Courts - Division 2
0020 Eagle County Drive, Ste. B.
Carbondale, CO 81623

Phone: 970-704-2740

Fax: 970-704-2782

Visit the Colorado Judicial Branch 5th Judicial District website for more information.
I am need of legal advice and/or an attorney. Who can I talk to?
The county attorney’s office cannot provide legal advice to the public. For legal assistance you may contact Legal Aid at 800-521-6968.
Who do I contact to discuss a traffic ticket, court date, district court, etc.?
The Eagle Combined Courts handles all court-related concerns. Their number is 970-328-6373 or you can visit the Fifth Judicial District website.
I need a public defender. Who do I contact?
You may contact the Eagle Combined Courts at 970-328-6373 or visit the Fifth Judicial District website.
I would like to appeal my tax appeal decision by the county board of equalization. Who do I contact?
On the back of your decision notice are instructions regarding options for the next level of appeals. You may also contact the Colorado Board of Assessment Appeals.
I am interested in allowing recreational uses on my property. Can my liability be limited?
The Colorado Revised Statutes limit liability to property owners who allow recreational uses to occur on their land at no cost for such purposes. To determine if the law applies to you, please review the attached informational flyer or Colorado Revised Statutes, Title 33, Article 41.
What is Eagle County's Open Records Policy and how do I make a request?
It is the policy of the Eagle County Board of Commissioners that all public records shall be open to inspection by any person at reasonable times, except as provided by the Colorado Public Records Act, or as otherwise specifically provided by law. For complete details, see the Eagle County Open Records Policy and to make a request, please use the Open Records Request Form.
ecg tv