Eagle County Healthy Aging is dedicated to serving the over 60 population of Eagle County with nutrition, transportation, social activities, and educational programs that help older adults maintain independence, dignity & purpose. These programs are provided directly, as well as through community collaboration, senior involvement, and referrals.
- Healthy Aging and Senior Community Meals : The Healthy Aging program serves over 10,000 meals to older adults each year in Eagle County. This program seeks to provide meals of the highest quality while addressing the nutritional needs of our clients. The lunch sites can be found in Eagle, Minturn, and El Jebel. Please click on the newsletter link to find details of meals at each of the 3 sites. Meals are provided twice a week for a suggested donation of $4.00 for those 60 or better. Those under 60 are welcome to join us for a fee of $14.00 per meal. Please RSVP 24 hours to the site before the lunch you'd like to attend. Contact info is listed below.
- Home Delivered Meals: Home-delivered meals are prepared and delivered 2 times each week to homebound adults over the age of 60 from all Eagle County senior lunch sites. Delivered meals follow the same suggested donation amount of $4.00 per meal. Contact any of our staff listed below to learn more.
- Health and Wellness : The Healthy Aging program supports fitness classes throughout Eagle County. Most classes request a small voluntary donation for those 60 and older. Specific fitness activities are listed in the site newsletters.
- Caregiver Support: We partner with local non-profit Caregiver Connections to connect caregivers with resources. They are Eagle County's central resource for family caregivers of older adults. You can learn more about their respite programs and resources for caregivers at getcaregiverconnections.org or call 970-445-0312 or 970-328-8831. They offer two memory loss caregiver support groups per month in convenient up valley and down valley locations:
- Avon: The second Tuesday of each month from 4:30-6:00 p.m. at the Eagle River Presbyterian Church in Avon
- Eagle: The fourth Tuesday of each month from 3:30-5:30 p.m. at Castle Peak Senior Life and Rehab in Eagle
- Transportation : Transportation is offered from your home to our senior sites each meal day. In addition, the senior bus offers trips to errands and grocery shopping. There is a suggested donation of $2.00 per ride within the county for those 60 or better. Please note that services are not dependent on ability to pay. Services will not be denied based on financial contributions. Open and welcome to all 60 or better!
- Volunteer Driver Program: Eagle County Healthy Aging operates a volunteer driving program to help older adults get to important appointments and destinations. Interested in signing up to help people with their transportation needs and stay independent in their communities? Email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 970-328-8896.
- If you are an older adult who is in need of help getting to and from medical appointments , we are always happy to help! Please call us at 970-328-8896 (Eagle River Valley) or 970-379-0020 (Roaring Fork Valley) or email email@example.com.
For more information about the Healthy Aging program, contact:
Carly Rietmann: 970-328-8896
Golden Eagle Senior Center
715 Broadway, Eagle, CO 81631
Lunch served on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
Mandi Dicamillo: 970-379-0020
El Jebel Community Annex Building
0020 Eagle County Dr. Ste E, El Jebel, CO 81623
Lunch served on Tuesdays and Thursdays at noon
Pat Nolan: 970-328-8831
Vail Ski and Snowboard Academy/Maloit Park Senior Space, Room 105
1 Academy Loop, Minturn, CO 81645
Lunch served on Wednesdays and Fridays at noon
Newsletters, Monthly Menus, & Exercise Classes
Each Healthy Aging site develops a monthly newsletter to keep you up to date on current happenings for that site. This is also where to view our lunch menus. Contact Pat in Minturn at firstname.lastname@example.org, Mandi in El Jebel at email@example.com, or Carly in Eagle at firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
- Monday through Thursday 9:30am Stretch Class
- Mondays and Wednesdays 10:30am Weight Class
- Tuesdays 10:30am Pilates
- Thursdays 10:30am Aerobics
In-person exercise classes are available at all three sites. You’ll find monthly calendars in the newsletters below with details.
Healthy Aging Resources
- Aging Well Speaker Series - a collection of recorded presentations covering various aspects of aging
- General Healthy Aging Resources for Eagle County
- Healthy Aging Brochure
- Pitkin County Senior Services
- Garfield County Senior Services
- Vintage, our local Area Agency on Aging
- Healthy Aging Topics
- AARP Age Friendly Communities
Since 2013, Eagle County Healthy Aging has been addressing older adult needs and creating programs and improving systems for the over 60 year old population in nutrition, transportation, social activities and educational workshops. These programs assist residents in maintaining their health and independence. As a result of Eagle County’s work and accomplishments, in 2017, Eagle County was designated as an Age Friendly Community through the AARP/World Health Organization program, providing a framework of best practices for creating programs and services, while adapting places and spaces to be livable for residents of all ages. This framework, coupled with the initiatives of Eagle County’s Aging Well Plan, encourages residents to stay healthy and active. It provides programming, tools and support to allow older people to remain safe and independent, and be recognized as a valuable part of the community, as they continue to live and work in Eagle County.
Our initial plan was written in 2017 and we are proud to have made big progress on the goals and objectives.
We updated our plan in 2021 which is currently guiding our work over the next 4-5 years. Click here to view the 2021 Plan.
Aging Well Speaker Series - a collection of recorded presentations covering various aspects of aging
For questions or more information on the Aging Well Initiative, please contact Carly Rietmann, Healthy Aging Manager at Eagle County Public Health: email@example.com or 970-328-8896.
Well and Wise
The Well and Wise Program is a project of Eagle County Public Health that focuses on balance and overall well-being through a variety of community classes.
Many local instructors have been trained to bring community-based falls prevention classes to adults 55 and older in Eagle County. Classes are also taking place in neighboring Summit, Garfield and Pitkin Counties. Check out their senior services programs for more information.
Well and Wise Classes
- Matter of Balance
- N’ Balance
- Tai Chi for Health