Food Assistance

userway ADA
If you're having challenges in keeping you and your family fed, the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)/Food Assistance might be able to help.  Food Assistance gives low-income households in Colorado monthly payments they can use to buy food at participating stores.  Most grocery and convenience stores in Eagle County take SNAP as payment.
Food Assistance
Do I qualify for Food Assistance?
If you and everyone you regularly share food with either make a low income or aren't currently bringing any money in, you're probably eligible for Food Assistance.  To find out for sure, visit the Am I Eligible Screening Tool with Colorado's Program Eligibility and Application Kit and find out in about 15 minutes what benefits you may be able to get.  Keep in mind that this screening tool is not an application; you'll still need to put an application for SNAP in following the directions in the drop down below.

You can also speak with us at 970-328-8888 to discuss options and see what you might be eligible for.
How do I apply for Food Assistance?
There are three ways to apply for Food Assistance

1. The fastest way to apply is online using the Colorado PEAK website. Using this method, you can also screen yourself to see if you are eligible for other programs such as Medicaid.

2. You may print out an application in either English or Spanish. Once filled, you can drop the application off at any of Human Services' offices or you can mail it to:

Eagle County Division of Economic Services
PO Box 660
Eagle, CO 81631

3. You can stop by one of Human Services' offices to pick up an application and fill it out and hand it to staff there.

However you apply, you'll need to attend an interview after you submit your application. After turning in your application, you will be contacted by a public assistance specialist to schedule an interview.  You may need to provide things that verify some of the information you gave in your application; what you need to provide and how to do so will be explained at your interview. 
How do I access my Food Assistance?
Food Assistance is provided to you every month on an Electronic Benefits Transfer (EBT) card.  This card works similarly to a debit card at grocery and convenience stores that are set up to accept it, enabling you to buy food and pay with your EBT at check out.
Where else can I find information about Food Assistance?
For more information on Food Assistance, visit the Colorado Department of Human Services’ Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program web page.

Hunger Free Colorado maintains a statewide, bilingual, toll-free food resource hotline at 855-855-4626 which can provide you information on available food resources, including food assistance. All calls are kept confidential.
ecg tv