Engineering

Contact Us

  • Phone: 970-328-3560
    Fax: 970-328-8789

    Engineering
    P.O. Box 850
    Eagle, Colorado 81631 

    engineering@eaglecounty.us 


Open house set for Thursday on Catamount Bridge replacement

Contact: Ben Gerdes, Senior Staff Engineer, 970-328-3560 or ben.gerdes@eaglecounty.us

Eagle County’s Engineering Department will host an open house this Thursday to review the design and schedule for the upcoming replacement of the Catamount Bridge. The meeting is scheduled for 4 to 6 p.m. Nov. 21 at the Burns Baptist Church, located at 23100 Colorado River Road in Burns. All interested community members are encouraged to attend.

The project is located approximately 28 miles northeast of Dotsero on the Colorado River Road. Construction is anticipated to begin in late 2014 and take about 18 months to complete.
 
Cost of the project will be about $2.9 million, with 80 percent of the funding coming from a federal grant. Eagle County will match the grant with the remaining 20 percent.

Those unable to attend the open house can direct comments or questions to Eagle County Senior Staff Engineer Ben Gerdes at 970-328-3560 or ben.gerdes@eaglecounty.us.