Engineering

Contact Us

  • Phone: 970-328-3560
    Fax: 970-328-8789

    Engineering
    P.O. Box 850
    Eagle, Colorado 81631 

    engineering@eaglecounty.us 


Open house set for Thursday on Burns Bridge replacement

Contact: Ben Gerdes, Senior Staff Engineer, 970-328-3560 or ben.gerdes@eaglecounty.us

Eagle County’s Engineering Department will host an open house this Thursday to allow public review of the design and schedule for the upcoming replacement of the Burns Bridge. The meeting is scheduled for 3 to 6 p.m. April 25 at the county’s Northwest District Road & Bridge Facility, located at 30261 Colorado River Road in Burns. All interested community members are encouraged to attend.

The project is located approximately 23 miles northeast of Dotsero on the Colorado River Road. Construction is anticipated to begin in fall 2013 and take about 18 months to complete.

Cost of the project is approximately $2.8 million, with 80 percent of the funding coming from a federal grant. Eagle County will fund the remaining 20 percent.

Those unable to attend the open house can direct comments or questions to Ben Gerdes at 970-328-3560 or at ben.gerdes@eaglecounty.us.