Engineering

Contact Us

  • Phone: 970-328-3560
    Fax: 970-328-8789

    Engineering
    P.O. Box 850
    Eagle, Colorado 81631 

    engineering@eaglecounty.us 


Open house set for Red Dirt Bridge replacement

Contact: Ben Gerdes, Senior Staff Engineer, 970-328-3560 or ben.gerdes@eaglecounty.us

March 2, 2015 – Eagle County’s Engineering Department will host an open house to review the design, schedule and potential impacts of the upcoming replacement of the Red Dirt Bridge. The meeting is scheduled from 4 to 6 p.m. March 5 at the Burns Baptist Church, located at 23100 Colorado River Road in Burns. All interested community members are encouraged to attend.

The project is located 15 miles northeast of Dotsero on the Colorado River Road. Construction is anticipated to begin in 2016 and take about 18 months to complete.

Cost of the project is approximately $3.5 million, with 83 percent of the funding coming from a federal grant. Eagle County will match the grant with the remaining 17 percent.

Those unable to attend the open house can direct comments or questions to Ben Gerdes at 970-328-3560 or ben.gerdes@eaglecounty.us.