Clerk & Recorder

Contact Us

  • Hours of Operation

    Monday - Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.

    Motor Vehicle
    Monday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 8 a.m. - 5 p.m.
    Closed on Wednesdays

    Closed on county holidays

    Recording: 970-328-8723
    Motor Vehicle: 970-328-8729
    Voting / Elections: 970-328-8715
    Marriage License: 970-328-8723
    Liquor License: 970-328-8718
    Avon: 970-328-9670
    El Jebel: 970-328-9570
    Toll Free: 1-970-963-4700
    Fax: 970-328-8716

    Clerk & Recorder
    P.O. Box 537
    500 Broadway, Suite 101
    Eagle, Colorado  81631

Record a Document

Beginning June 1, 2020 the Recording department is operating by appointment only to comply with social distancing guidelines.  Please contact or 970-328-8723 to schedule an appointment.  

Recording services are best achieved by eRecording, however, documents can also continue to be mailed to Eagle County Clerk and Recorder, P.O. Box 537, Eagle, CO 81631. Please be aware there may be delay in recording the documents arriving by mail due to time constraints. We ask that you email if you are concerned about the timing of recording, otherwise, you may check online for confirmation as well as information will be available as they are recorded. You can call 970-328-8783 and we will be happy to provide additional information on how recording services may be accessed.


Submitting a Document for Recording

  • Our office does not provide forms. You may purchase forms at office supply stores or online at
  • Please include a contact phone number when submitting documents for recording. Documents may be mailed or brought to our Eagle or El Jebel offices.
  • For payment by cash or check, mail to Eagle County Clerk & Recorder, PO Box 537, Eagle, CO 81631. Please make check payable to Eagle County Clerk.
  • Recording Fees

Document Requirements

The recording department is governed by Colorado State Statutes. In order to record your documents without delays and prevent rejections, the following requirements must be met:

  • 1-inch margin at top of document
  • grantee address for deeds that transfer title to property included
  • documentary fee or explanation of exemption on deeds – see C.R.S. 39-13-102 and 39-13-104
  • proper fees included
  • return address for the original document included

Questions related to what type of document is needed or how to fill out a document for a particular transaction should be directed to a title company or private attorney. The clerk’s office staff does not have the legal training to insure accuracy with these questions.


Contact us at with questions that may include:

  • marriage license recording deadline
  • document turnaround time
  • rejected documents
  • help researching a document
  • confirmation that a document was recorded
  • help with internet document searches