Contact: Kelley Collier, ECO Transit Director, 970-328-3533 or firstname.lastname@example.org
ECO Transit saw an increase in the number of passengers served in the last two months of 2010, with November ridership up 15 percent and December ridership up about 20 percent over the same months in 2009. ECO transported approximately 100,000 passengers in December. On Christmas Day, 2,500 passengers rode ECO Transit, representing a 42 percent increase over the previous year. ECO’s record year for ridership was 2008.
“While ridership is up from last year, reduced travel schedules are still in effect because of decreased sales tax revenues,” said ECO Transit Director Kelley Collier. “We will continue to evaluate collections as they come in to determine if funding is available to increase fixed route service later this year.”
ECO Transit is offering riders a few tips for a safe and comfortable trip during winter months:
- Buses may run behind schedule due to severe weather. Call 970-328-3531 to check the status of bus routes. During road closures, ECO will do everything possible to transport passengers to their final destination in a timely manner.
- ECO advises people to be mindful when entering and exiting the bus during severe weather. The aisles and steps may be slippery. Take extra caution on the first step off the bus, as it may be icy.
- Riders who are unsure they are boarding the correct bus are encouraged to ask the driver for assistance. He or she can help with locating a destination for those unfamiliar with the area.
- ECO will do everything possible to not leave passengers behind at stops. During peak times on Hwy 6 routes, an additional bus will stop within 15 minutes of the last departure.
- ECO Transit does allow standees on buses, but only up to the yellow line. Passengers are asked to ensure elderly, disabled and passengers with small children have first priority for a seat.
“ECO Transit would like to thank our riders for their patience this summer and fall with the road construction and bus detours. We appreciate your patronage and look forward to serving you in 2011,” said Collier.
View the complete schedule. For assistance with trip planning, call ECO dispatch at 970-328-3531.