The Eagle County Regional Airport (EGE) master plan process kicked off on March 1, 2011 and will result in a 20-year plan outlining the needs of current and future users of the airport. This process is important for ensuring that safe and orderly development can occur at EGE that is consistent with the goals of the community. It will determine what facilities are needed, when they will be needed and how much they will cost. There are no predetermined outcomes, meaning the plan will be based on current conditions, community input and forecasts. Input and feedback is invaluable to the process. Outreach to airport users, tenants, carriers, neighbors, business owners, neighboring jurisdictions and the general public will occur throughout the project.
What the master plan will do:
- It will create the Airport Layout Plan set for FAA approval
- It will provide guidance for sustainability practices
- It will establish future facility needs
- It will identify funding opportunities and strategies
- It will identify compliance issues/recommendations
- It will serve as a launching pad for the items listed below
What the master plan will not do:
- It will not define air carrier service
- It will not define marketing or management of the airport
- It will not be a business plan
View the master plan schedule for key dates and deliverables.