1. What methods of payment do you accept?
2. Can I get credit from the vehicle I sold when I register my new vehicle?
3. Can I get a temporary permit instead of renewing a registration on a vehicle that I intend to sell?
4. What do I do if a vehicle has been abandoned on my property?
5. What do I do if a vehicle has been abandoned on public property?
6. How do I get title to a vehicle I have purchased if there is not a title in existence?
7. How much did I pay in ownership tax?
8. When should I register my vehicle?
1. Cash, check, Master Card, Visa, American Express, Discover. All credit card transactions totaling $10.01 or more will be charged a non-refundable portal administration fee of 2.7%. (Back to top)
2. Yes, bring in your registration and plates from the vehicle you sold or traded in. (Back to top)
3. No, once a vehicle is registered under your name, a temporary permit cannot be issued. (Back to top)
4. Call a tow company to proceed with Private Tow (Abandoned Vehicle) process. (Back to top)
5. Call a tow company to proceed with Public Tow (Abandoned Vehicle) process. (Back to top)
6. You must follow the Bond for Title process. Contact this office for details. (Back to top)
7. Your registration shows the amount you paid in Ownership Tax and Prior Ownership Tax. Make sure you keep a copy for your income tax return. (Back to top)
8. If you have lived in Eagle County for 90 days, you must register your vehicle at one of the Clerk and Recorder's offices. (Back to top)
Please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org with additional questions.