- At least 18 years of age – exceptions are available by calling 970-328-8723
- Proof of age such as a valid driver’s license or passport
Helpful Information to Have Before Filling out the Online Application
- Social Security number – if none, there is an affidavit available in our office to be completed
- Parents names and the city and state where they reside
- Marital status
- If divorced, the date and the court where the final decree was issued
- If widowed, the date you were widowed
The Marriage Kiosk will not be accessible Friday, April 13. To process a marriage application proceed to Step 2 below. Sorry for this inconvenience. If you have questions call 970-328-8723.
- Step 1
- Step 2
- Come to one of our three (3) offices, Avon, Eagle or El Jebel, with the required identification and payment, office hours are 8 am to 5 pm, Monday through Friday, no appointment is necessary.
- When one of the parties is unable to be present to complete the application process an absentee affidavit form may be used. One party may return the completed form below along with a copy of the required
identification/proof of age.
- $30 license fee
- $1.25/each certified copy of license – order when purchasing license
- Blood tests are not required in Colorado
- Citizenship is not required
- The license may be used immediately or within 35 days
- Licenses are for use only in Colorado
Persons Authorized to Perform the Ceremony
- Judge or retired judge (ask for a list of judges)
- Tribal official
- Clergy (out-of-state clergy need not be registered in Colorado)
- Parties to the ceremony
Completing the Process after Your Ceremony
- Return your completed Marriage License to either the Eagle or El Jebel offices
- Licenses should be returned within 63 days of the ceremony
- Licenses will incur a fine if returned after 63 days
- Your License will be recorded and will be returned to you along with any certified copies you ordered
Contact for questions:
email@example.com or 970-328-8723.