Adult Protection Services provides assistance to adults 18 years and older who are at risk of abuse, neglect or exploitation. Protection services include, but are not limited to:
- Receiving and investigating reports of abuse, neglect or exploitation
- Providing casework and counseling services
- Arranging and coordinating supportive and in-home services
- Providing information and referrals to community resources, including public assistance programs
- Assisting with guardianships, conservatorships and placements
- Referrals may be made to Adult Protection Services at the Reporting Hotline at 970-328-7720, 24 hours a day. Reports regarding abuse or neglect of an adult over the age of seventy also need to be reported to law enforcement agencies at 970-479-2200. For emergencies call local law enforcement or 911. Investigations begin within three days of being reported. The identities of reporters are kept confidential.